Onkyo TX-8270 – Network Stereo Receiver
Onkyo TX-8270 Put the focus on musicality with the TX-8270, a beautifully engineered stereo amp that’s ready to play anything you throw at it. Together with line and phono inputs, there’s coaxial and optical digital, four HDMI® inputs, USB, and dual-band Wi-Fi® to support wireless audio technologies. These include DTS Play-Fi®*, Chromecast built-in*, AirPlay, Spotify®, network-attached audio, and streaming services. Built around a massive transformer, audio-grade capacitors, and discrete non-phase-shift circuitry locked into a robust chassis, this amp has high-current power to illuminate your favorite music. Enjoy versatility with easy enhancement of everyday TV entertainment, DAB+ and FM/RDS radio, and more. Paired with speakers of appropriate quality, the TX-8270 will bring a smile to your face every performance.
- 160 W/Ch Hi-Current Dynamic Audio Amplification System
- 384 kHz/32-bit (AK4438) DAC for Hi-Res Audio
- HDMI® 4 In / 1 Out for Media Player and TV Connection
- 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® Technology
- Chromecast built-in*1, DTS Play-Fi®*1, AirPlay, Spotify®
- TIDAL, TuneIn, and Deezer Streaming via Onkyo Controller App
- FM/RDS and DAB/DAB+ Radio with Quick Recall Memory Presets
- FireConnect™ Multi-room Audio Distribution*1
- 160 W/Ch Stereo Power (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 170 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 10%, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
- Massive Hi-Current EI Transformer
- Non-Phase-Shift Amp Circuitry with Discrete Power Output Stages
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- AKM 384 kHz/32-bit (AK4438) DAC
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) Noise Filtering Technology
- Dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® for Stable Connectivity
- Includes Chromecast built-in*1, DTS Play-Fi*1, AirPlay, Spotify, TIDAL, TuneIn, and Deezer*2
- FireConnect™ Multi-room Network/Analog Audio Distribution to Optional Wireless Speakers*1
- Receiver, Network Audio, and Multi-room Audio Control via free Onkyo Controller Application for Android™ and iOS*3
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology for Mobiles, Laptops, and PCs (Version 4.1 + LE, Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3)
- Zone 2 Line Outs with Dedicated DAC for NET/USB Audio Distribution
- FM/RDS and DAB/DAB+ Tuners with 40 Station Presets
- HDMI 2.0a Supports HDCP 2.2, 4K/60 Hz, HDR, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, DSD*4, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), and CEC
- Supports Dolby Vision™ Signal Pass-through
- Supports Hi-Res Audio via Network (DSD 5.6 MHz*4 and 192/24 PCM*5)
- Decodes FLAC, WAV, ALAC, DSD*4, AIFF, WMA Lossless, MP3, and AAC Formats Over Network and USB
- Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Control Knob
*1 Requires a firmware update or updates TBA.
*2 Availability of services may vary with region. Please confirm before purchase. Subscription may also be required.
*3 For iOS and Android devices. Check App Store or Google Play™ for OS and device requirements.
*4 After PCM conversion.
*5 Not supported over wireless LAN or USB.
- 4 HDMI Inputs / 1 Output (4K/60 Hz / HDCP 2.2)
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 3 Gold-plated Analog Audio Inputs
- Gold-plated MM Phono Input with Phono Equalizer
- Gold-plated Zone 2 Line Outs
- Gold-plated Subwoofer Pre Out
- Two Pairs of Speaker Post with Screw Knobs for A/B Drive
- 5 V / 1 A USB Port for Audio Playback via USB Storage Devices (Front)
- 5 V / 500 mA USB Terminal for HDMI Media Player Power Supply (Rear)
- IR Input and Output
- LAN Input with IP Control Capability for Home Automation Systems
- Thick, Detachable AC Power Cable
- Gold-Plated 6.35 mm Headphone Jack (Front)
- Graphical User Interface with Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- Quick Recall Preset Buttons on Front Panel
- Input Selector Knob and Physical Tone/Balance Controls
- Advanced Music Optimizer Improves Compressed Digital Audio Quality, Including Bluetooth Audio
- Direct Mode and Double Bass Mode
- Crossover Adjustment (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Front-panel Speaker A or B Drive Selector Button
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- Sleep Timer and Battery-free Memory Back-up
- Full-sized RI Remote Controller
- Network Standby Mode, HDMI Passthrough, and Auto Standby
Driving Big Speakers with Vitality and Dynamism
This amp system generates high current with a massive transformer and audio-grade capacitors. Circuitry features discrete output transistors for low distortion and effortless driving power. High current assures accurate control, restoring energy and vitality to your music. Non-phase-shift circuitry, meanwhile, focuses the audio image and reproduces a wide frequency bandwidth to maximize Hi-Res Audio and vinyl playback.
A Stereo Receiver that Connects Everything
A beautiful stereo receiver crafted for hi-fi enthusiasts, the TX-8270 is also exclusively equipped with connections allowing it to serve as an up-to-date amp for TV entertainment. Joining analog, digital, phono, and USB inputs are HDMI® terminals (connect an Apple TV or similar) together with a Next Generation Network Audio platform. Cast music from familiar apps quickly and easily.
Premium Digital-to-Analog Processing
An AK4438 384 kHz/32-bit digital-to-analog converter from AKM features unique low-distortion technologies ideally suited to DSD 5.6 MHz*1 and PCM signals up to 192 kHz/24-bit*2. Together with unique VLSC™ filtering circuitry, which eliminates ultra-high-frequency pulse noise, playback is crystal clear.
*1 Playback after PCM conversion.
*2 192/24 PCM not supported over wireless LAN or USB.